Saturday, August 21, 2010

About how much would it cost to hire a lawyer for litigation on a Federal case of trademark infringement?

If I were to decide to sue someone for trademark infringement, how much am I looking at to pay lawyers to go to litigation? Also, if I were to win; can I expect some statutory fines to be awarded to me under the Lanham act even though the infringer did not make any profits off of the trademark infringement of purchasing a domain with my trade mark in it? He has a website being created that looked like it was going to compete with mine, but it was not completed yet and did not gain any revenues.About how much would it cost to hire a lawyer for litigation on a Federal case of trademark infringement?
Did you actually file for trademark protection?


Or was your trademark simply through useage?


A Trademark/Patent ( intellectual property) attorney depending on where he is located, can be costly. I prosecuted a patent infringement case in NY and paid $500 per hour and that was back in 1992.


The defendant crossfiled charging patent fraud ( a common defense) and the bills ran very, very high.


Very, very, very, very, very, high.


Anyone got oxygen - please.

No comments:

Post a Comment