Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I find out the details of a case regarding a federal inmate?

Is there a free way, other than asking the inmate himself?And, can I accomplish this online?





If there are no free ways, then I'd be interested in any way that I can find out the details of a case regarding a federal inmate.





I have googled the person's name; I have googled United States v. the person's name; none of that has worked. I have went to www.bop.gov, the federal of prisons website, and all they give is the persons name, and release date (I already know that). I want to know exactly why the person is in federal prison.





I'd appreciate your help.How can I find out the details of a case regarding a federal inmate?
If you can find out which court convicted him, then you should be able to pull the case file at that courthouse. You would just use their computers to search for the name of the person, and all offenses in the last ten years should appear. Click on the one you want, and give the details to the clerk.





You should be able to review the file for free (public record), but if you want copies, you will have to pay for those.





Good luck!How can I find out the details of a case regarding a federal inmate?
if you know what jail he is in you can go to their website (if they have one) and look for a link that will allow you to look up an inmate. for example, the san diego central jail has a site, you click on the link that says who is in jail and type the last name. they will show you the info and you can have a summary of charges emailed to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment